State Energy Loan Program
The Idaho Governor's Office of Energy Resources (OER) State Energy Loan Program offers low-interest loans to make building improvements that will conserve energy and increase energy efficiency projects in Idaho. Loans are leveraged by utility incentives and federal and state tax credits and deductions. Loans are 4% interest with 5 year terms. Applications are evaluated on the basis of credit; all loans must be secured with real estate and/or equipment.
- 4% Interest
- 5 Year Loan Repayment
- Residential Loans (including Renewable Energy Loans): $1,000 to $15,000
- Commercial Loans: $1,000 to $100,000
- Commercial Renewable Energy Loans: up to $100,000
As of February 1, 2011, loan applicants will be charged credit analysis fees incurred by the Idaho Governor's Office of Energy Resources. Fees for residential loans are $100 and fees for commercial loans are $250. The fee is due after the energy project analysis is completed and before the credit analysis is initiated.
Single Family Housing Loans
- Single Family Housing Application ( 84KB PDF)
Commercial/Multi-Family Home/Agricultural/Industrial Loans
- Commercial Application ( 82KB PDF)
- Insulation (260KB PDF)
- Windows ( 49KB PDF)
- Weatherization ( 49KB PDF)
- HVAC ( 55KB PDF)
- Appliances ( 55KB PDF)
- Lighting ( 59KB PDF)
- Renewable Energy Project ( 52KB PDF)
State Energy Loan Program Process
- Complete a loan application: Single Family Housing Application or Commercial/Multi-Family Home/Agricultural/Industrial Application.
- Complete qualifying addendums and include contractor bid/proposal and other pertinent information for project.
- Return all paperwork to: IDAHO GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF ENERGY RESOURCES Attention: Tammy Japhet PO Box 83720 Boise, ID 83720-0199
- OER staff will review the project for economic and technical feasibility. Applicants projects that do not meet program criteria will be notified in writing of the decision. OER will refer applicants whose projects are approved to the financial institution selected by the applicant for credit checks. OER will respond within 7-10 working days upon receipt of loan application.
- The financial institution will notify the applicant and OER if credit has been approved or denied.
- The applicant will be contacted by the institution to sign the loan documents.
- All loans will be secured with a deed of trust or a mortgage.
- OER will disburse funds through the lending institution.
- Applicants refinancing their home mortgage after obtaining a loan from OER will need to pay off the current loan in order to obtain new financing. The Idaho Governor's Office of Energy Resources will not subordinate it's lien position.